Missing Topics in Word output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Iluvtoofly
Jr. Propeller Head

Missing Topics in Word output

Post by Iluvtoofly »

I have a Flare project with multiple topic pages. The project behaves normally. Each topic file is listed as an .htm file in the project files under content (in file explorer). When I build a word output, a lot of the topics are missing.

I see the missing topics in my project on Content Explorer in Flare but not in the .doc output.

To get the Word file, I go to Project Organizer > Targets > Word Help file.
Once the page opens up, I simply hit "Build". The progress bars for Build and Compile both work well and I get the output I am looking for minus a few topics.

Am I missing anything here? Does anyone have any input as to what I might be doing wrong? How can I get those missing topics to show up in the output?

Thank you for any help!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Missing Topics in Word output

Post by Nita Beck »

Are the missing topics listed on the TOC associated with your Word target. A TOC for a print target, such as Word, functions as an outline. Flare will use all of the topics that are listed on the TOC, but no others.

If the missing topics are listed on the TOC, then I'd check to see if a condition has been applied to them (or to their TOC items) and whether the Word target excludes those topics.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Mina
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Missing Topics in Word output

Post by Mina »

I have a document which I originally created as PDF output, but I have been asked to also produce a WORD output. I have created a new WORD target but used the same TOC. When I produce the document the cover page and Table of contents pages are blank and the rest of the pages are there. The footers are out of alignment and the notes are completely not formatted. Is there a special setting or do I need a different TOC?