PDF uses the page H1 for page names

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
0Qq5Ew538tV
Propeller Head

PDF uses the page H1 for page names

Post by 0Qq5Ew538tV »

When I build PDF output, the pages are labeled using the H1 from the page. However, I would like the pages in the PDFs to be labeled the same as the label in the TOC instead of the H1. How do I change this behavior? I've looked at every setting on my PDF target and can't figure it out.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: PDF uses the page H1 for page names

Post by Nita Beck »

I'm sorry to say that what you are asking for is not possible, given how Flare has been programmed. For print targets, the purpose of a TOC is ONLY to tell Flare what topics to process, in what order, and in what hierarchy. (MadCap refers to a print TOC as an "outline TOC" to emphasize this purpose, as described in https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ne-TOC.htm.) Flare then uses the headings that it finds in those topics to build the generated table of contents.

The same is not true for a TOC for online output. There, the labels in the TOC are indeed used for the labels in the menu navigation.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!