<TableStyle-basic> - edit font size for PDF output [FIXED]

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

<TableStyle-basic> - edit font size for PDF output [FIXED]

Post by M33R4 »

Across my project, I have set the font at 14pt Roboto Light for my online output.

On my PDF output, the font I have set is 12pt Calibri as follows:
sytlesheet_medium_table.PNG
Some content in my project are inside a table style named basic.

On my PDF output, the font is not the 12pt Calibri I would like - it's printing/displaying as 14pt Roboto Light and I need to change that.....

I cannot, however, find where in my Stylesheet (normal view and Text Editor view) I can make this change to the TableStyle-basic please[/color] :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by M33R4 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie to MadCap Flare
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: <TableStyle-basic> - edit font size for PDF output

Post by NorthEast »

It sounds like the table is using a table stylesheet called "basic", so I'd guess the font is being set there - rather than your main stylesheet.
If so, then presumably you'll have a separate table stylesheet called basic.css in your project.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by M33R4 »

Dave Lee wrote:It sounds like the table is using a table stylesheet called "basic", so I'd guess the font is being set there - rather than your main stylesheet.
If so, then presumably you'll have a separate table stylesheet called basic.css in your project.
Hi Dave.

The Table stylesheet is different from the css ones. When you double-click from here to open it:
tablestylesheetbasic.PNG
It opens like this:
tablestylesheetbasic_1.PNG
Here you can set the Font style but there is no option to tell Flare to change it to a Calibri 12pt for PDF outputs.

I also opened it via Text Editor - is there somewhere in this view I can tell Flare if the table is on a PDF output/target to change the font to Calibri 12pt please
:?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newbie to MadCap Flare
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

M33R4 wrote:Here you can set the Font style but there is no option to tell Flare to change it to a Calibri 12pt for PDF outputs.

I also opened it via Text Editor - is there somewhere in this view I can tell Flare if the table is on a PDF output/target to change the font to Calibri 12pt please :?:
You do exactly the same thing as you've already done in the main stylesheet editor - set the medium to print, and set a different font for that medium.
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by M33R4 »

Dave Lee wrote:
M33R4 wrote:Here you can set the Font style but there is no option to tell Flare to change it to a Calibri 12pt for PDF outputs.

I also opened it via Text Editor - is there somewhere in this view I can tell Flare if the table is on a PDF output/target to change the font to Calibri 12pt please :?:
You do exactly the same thing as you've already done in the main stylesheet editor - set the medium to print, and set a different font for that medium.
I can't see the fields/where to put those parameters :roll:
Newbie to MadCap Flare
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

M33R4 wrote:I can't see the fields/where to put those parameters :roll:
Where it says Medium: (default) in the editor toolbar in your screenshot.

I'd suggest using the help if you need more information:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... utput1.htm
M33R4
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by M33R4 »

Dave Lee wrote:
M33R4 wrote:I can't see the fields/where to put those parameters :roll:
Where it says Medium: (default) in the editor toolbar in your screenshot.

I'd suggest using the help if you need more information:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... utput1.htm
Brilliant as always thank you :)
Newbie to MadCap Flare