Generic error occurred in GDI+

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Generic error occurred in GDI+

Post by ajturnersurrey »

Perhaps the wise people in my computer can help with this?

Generating Glossary...
Processing Page Layouts...
Build failed: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

This is a pdf target which compiled many times before just fine. It is the 'internal' version of a pdf target which continues to compile just fine, and differs only in that some items in the topics that are conditioned InternalOnly are 'included' rather than 'excluded'.

Since moving to Flare 2022 I have had a 'Generic error occurred in GDI+' which seemed to be caused by the long path names in the temporary build folder and was cured when I removed targets and page layouts from subfolders, so I have tried these things, to no avail.

I have also had a 'Generic error occurred in GDI+' error, where I successfully followed the recipe 'check the last topic processed and remove and reinsert images in that topic one by one till it fixes'. Only this build is failing as soon as the project hits Page Layouts - it has not got to a topic. My page layouts do not include any images, only a coloured decoration panel and a couple of body frames.

Any ideas of other things to try?
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Generic error occurred in GDI+

Post by ajturnersurrey »

Nothing like posting a query to help you solve your own problem. It eventually came down to character count on this path. This one finally worked after moving the project, taking page layouts and targets out of subfolders, abbreviating the target title and page layout title....

C:\Users\abcdef.ghijkl\Documents\ProjectA\Output\abcdef_ghijkl\Temporary\INT ONLY ProjectA Advanced Config Guide\INT ONLY ProjectA Advanced Config Guide_449A6671\Resources\PageLayouts\ProjectA_Ldscp_Contents_2Col.flpgl