Word Output displaying CSS

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Word Output displaying CSS

Post by WebHelpppp »

In my stylesheet I have a paragraph style that uses a text prefix of "Review:" in the color red:

p.Review
{
font-style: italic;
mc-conditions: 'Default.Review';
background: #E9CBD0;
mc-auto-number-format:'{color red}Review: {/color}';
}

Problem is with the Word output, it displays as follows:
{color red}Review: {/color}

Is there any way to fix this for Word?

Also, is there a way to have Conditionally text to display in a different color in the output without have to create and apply a style?
sarrantsvt
Propeller Head

Re: Word Output displaying CSS

Post by sarrantsvt »

Well, that's annoying! I can think of two workarounds until MadCap fixes it:
You can search for {color red}Review: {/color} in Word and replace it with Review: in red.
Or, you can output the PDF and then convert the PDF to Word.
Doing Online Help since 1990. I remember "dots" .........
Got a bug? https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs/
Got a suggestion? https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

WebHelpppp wrote:In my stylesheet I have a paragraph style that uses a text prefix of "Review:" in the color red:

p.Review
{
mc-auto-number-format:'{color red}Review: {/color}';
}

Problem is with the Word output, it displays as follows:
{color red}Review: {/color}

Is there any way to fix this for Word?

Also, is there a way to have Conditionally text to display in a different color in the output without have to create and apply a style?
I only have a few moments... This is a known shortcoming of Flare's Word output. Instead of using the {color red} code in the mc-auto-number-format attrbute, you could set up a span class, call it something like span.ReviewColor and then add to p.Review this attribute:

Code: Select all

mc-auto-number-class: ReviewColor;
That should do it.

Code: Select all

p.Review
{
	mc-auto-number-format:'Review: ';
	mc-auto-number-class: ReviewColor;
}

span.ReviewColor
{
	color: red;
}
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Post by WebHelpppp »

Thanks, that works.

Now I have an additional related problem, I have a condition and a paragraph style called TWNote. Online it Excludes from the build, no problem, but in the PDF or Word it still displays. Fortunately I caught it before it went out. Anyway to stop it? It's so quick to apply the paragraph style vs the condition, I hope I don't have to redo all of the paragraphs.

p.TWNote
{
mc-conditions: 'Default.TWNote';
}

I have found that if I apply the conditional code first and then apply the paragraph style it doesn't display in the PDF or Word output, I had really hoped it would work just like the online help.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

So have you configured your PDF target to exclude the TWNote condition? I would think that would solve the issue, yes?

p.s. In future, rather than bringing up a new issue in a post not originally about that issue, I suggest you start a new post. Not a problem right now for this post. Just for future reference. Thanks!
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Post by WebHelpppp »

After troubleshooting I found the problem was in my stylesheet. I had moved the print styles to a separate stylesheet but I didn't remove @media print and the brackets { } around the code. After deleting @media print and the brackets TWNote no longer displays in print output. Yea!

I'll take your advise and create a new post next time.