Add Wavy Line to MS Word Output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
FranE
Propeller Head

Add Wavy Line to MS Word Output

Post by FranE »

Hi, all!

I'm using MadCap Flare 2.5.2 to produce MS Word Output.

My management has asked me to insert a wavy line on the printed page - my management wants a separation between two sections of the page.

Can MadCap Flare 2.5.2 produce a wavy line in MS Word output?

If yes, can you explain how to produce the wavy line?

Thanks,

Fran
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Add Wavy Line to MS Word Output

Post by LTinker68 »

Don't think it's possible to do dynamically. Depending on how many hills and valleys you want in the curve, you could sort of have it work dynamically by creating a small graphic with on section of the wave. Then in the stylesheet, you'd create a new paragraph class and would specify that graphic for the background and tell it to repeat the graphic (repeat-x).

However, Word is a bit flaky about which effects in the stylesheet it will honor. For instance, I can have a bottom border line on a heading and it will appear in Word fine, but Word doesn't insert custom bullet images (both effects are defined in the stylesheet). So you'll have to tell to see if the repeat background effect works in Word. If it doesn't, then you could just create a .gif, .jpg, or .png file of the specified dimensions (for instance, 6" wide) and insert it as a graphic in the Flare topic.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
FranE
Propeller Head

Re: Add Wavy Line to MS Word Output

Post by FranE »

Lisa,

Thanks for the advice.

Fran