glossary in table format

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
commit
Propeller Head

glossary in table format

Post by commit »

hi,

I have added glossary in my project, it is working fine in webhelp. Now i want to generate the glossary terms in printed documents in table format. I have tried using the glossary proxy option of flare. It is printing all terms but they are not in the tabular format. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to do so. i have also tried modifying the .Css file but :roll: all in vain. please suggest a solution.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: glossary in table format

Post by forfear »

if its too complicated it might not be worth the effort.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: glossary in table format

Post by SteveS »

commit wrote:hi,

I have added glossary in my project, it is working fine in webhelp. Now i want to generate the glossary terms in printed documents in table format. I have tried using the glossary proxy option of flare. It is printing all terms but they are not in the tabular format. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to do so. i have also tried modifying the .Css file but :roll: all in vain. please suggest a solution.
It might be easier to do this as post processing in Word. Select the glossary and choose convert text to table option. Specify 2 columns and break at paragraph mark.

You could play around with the stylesheet to try and get something to work, but post processing takes seconds and seem (to me) the better option.

You can add a feature request here
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.