Where are bullet 1 and number 1?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ljs_tech
Jr. Propeller Head

Where are bullet 1 and number 1?

Post by ljs_tech »

Hi everyone,

I've been searching this Printed Documentation section of the forum for days now and still haven't found an answer to this main problem -- found lots of answers to problems I haven't seen yet :wink:

Exporting Flare to Word 2003.
Have both numbered lists of steps-to-do and bulleted lists of these-are-prerequisites in the doc.

Bulleted lists:
When I look at the htm pages in Flare using Print medium, the first line in a bulleted list shows a UL bullet right next to the LI bullet. The LI bullet text is not a simple item or a paragraph item. When building the project to print-to-Word, the first line shows no bullet just the text of the statement. Did they argue about who was going to Word and both just stomped away and out of the print? The following lines in the Word doc shows Word standard bullets, as designed .

Numbered lists:
When I look at the htm pages in Flare using Print medium, the first line in a numbered list shows an OL number on top of the LI beginning number. All numbered lists begin with 1. The LI numbered text is not a simple item or a paragraph item. When building the project to print-to-Word, the first line shows no number just the text of the statement. Did they argue as well?

I have experimented with assigning a name to the UL and the OL but it doesn't make a difference. I have experimented with assigning a style to the OL, UL and LI items but it doesn't make a difference. First items in the lists in Word are still missing a number or a bullet.

Factoids
UL and OL are indented .5in for print.
There are no consecutive numbered lists.
CSS bullet list line-style-position is "outside", text-indent is 0, text-align is left, margin-left is 0.5in and margin-right is 0.
CSS number list line-style-position is "outside", text-indent is 0, text-align is left, margin-left is 0.5in and margin-right is 0.

Certainly appreciate all the help you can give me.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Where are bullet 1 and number 1?

Post by KevinDAmery »

If you use the default Flare stylesheet instead of the one you are currently working with, do you get the same problems? My guess is there's something up in the CSS that is causing the first bullet / number to be dropped. Try pointing one topic that has both list types at Flare's default stylesheet and see if you get different results.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
ljs_tech
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Where are bullet 1 and number 1?

Post by ljs_tech »

Thank you Kevin. The answer was in the CSS. I had set OL and UL and LI to list-item. OL and UL should be block, not list-item.