Index spacing in print

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jay6678
Propeller Head

Index spacing in print

Post by jay6678 »

When I generated my index in Word, the spacing between lines looked to like 1pt or 1.5pt at least. I tried to change this in the p.index style classes even making them 0, but it had no effect on the index at all. Is there a way to eliminate line spacing between index entries? I tried adjusting the padding - nothing worked there either. Thanks in advance.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Index spacing in print

Post by forfear »

I tried fiddling around with indexProxy with 'print' medium turned on, but i don't think you can at least not in this version of Flare. I also tried double-clicking the IndexProxy in the XML editor. I think you can tweak it for Frame output though.
Perhaps this is something Blaze can do.

If all else fails, you might want to submit a feature request on this.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Do you really mean 1 point, or 1 line? (1pt would be a very small amount of space, like about the height of a period... and making the line spacing 0 would literally have the lines touching one another...)
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
pe_thiemann
Propeller Head

Post by pe_thiemann »

The p.index styles are the correct ones to format the entries generated by the index proxy. p.index1 is for the first level, p.index2 for the second and so on. As i understand, the padding attributes just insert or exclude some white spaces or so, but to increase or decrease the space between the lines, the margin attriutes in the box group are effective. If you set the bottom and top margin to 0 of any unit, then between the index entries no line is inserted. To avoid touching characters of the lines, set the line-height attribute in the font group to a value a little bit greater than the font-height.
Hope, that helps,
Regards,
jay6678
Propeller Head

Post by jay6678 »

Thanks Petra! That's exactly what I needed! Now it's much sharper and that wraps up my printed documentation....if any of you have completed print output and struggled at times...you can relate to what I am experiencing...it is complete!
Phewww.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

jay6678 wrote:...it is complete!
Oooh, you just jinxed it. Now you're going to go to a meeting and they're going to tell you that everything has changed and you have to rewrite the whole thing! :twisted:

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

LTinker68 wrote:
jay6678 wrote:...it is complete!
Oooh, you just jinxed it. Now you're going to go to a meeting and they're going to tell you that everything has changed and you have to rewrite the whole thing! :twisted:
Or that marketing wants a whole different look and feel :cry:
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare