Red Text on Entire Page - SOLVED

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Red Text on Entire Page - SOLVED

Post by jbarwick »

Help folks! I'm at a loss!

If I create a brand new project and do a test FrameMaker output, everything is fine.

However, my existing project, doing a FrameMaker output the first page (entire page) the text is RED in framemaker.

Right-click in FrameMaker and the test style is correct (say...if the text color is green, the FrameMaker text style says green).

However, all text shows "RED". This seems as if FrameMaker says "error" or something. or a page style or formatting error...but there is no error message...so, might not be the case. However, if I insert BLUE text on this page, (highlight text and change the color to blue) the text still hows "RED".

Second Page is a "Contents" page. Looks like this:

Contents
[ FlareContentsProxy ]

The word "Contents" is red (which is a style called <p class="section">) It is not an H1/H2 tagged paragraph. All the remaining text in the TOC proxy is correct style/color.

All text on remaining pages (2 though N) are correct color/style.

This effect "went away" and then "came back" one time. Since I have no idea how I fixed it before, I can't fix it now...and it hasn't gone away by itself again.

I can only imagine that there is a style error somewhere, but I don't know how to find it.

Any clues?
Last edited by jbarwick on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Red Text on Entire Page

Post by KevinDAmery »

It's been a while since I've done anything in Frame so this may be off base, but isn't that how Frame indicates change tracking?
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Post by jbarwick »

I dunno! Since the output is "cleaned" and there is nothing to "change" then this would be an interesting flag that's getting set.

Perhaps a master page error? very stumped
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Re: Red Text on Entire Page - SOLVED!!!!

Post by jbarwick »

Is this a Bug!?

I had a "condition tag" on the topic file containing the cover page and table of contents. Basically I do not want these topics to be included in the Web output target. Therefore, the Web output target will exclude topics with the tag.

The color of my "conditional tag" is Red!!!

So, the frame output made the entire page Red!

This is a bug! We don't want this! (I bet there's a way to turn that off in the output...care to share...anyone? anyone?)

By the way, the conditional tag coloration of paragraphs when paragraphs have conditional tags is a very cool feature! (thanks to the Flare 3.1 upgrade).

But we certainly don't want all text on a page to be the color of the conditional tag!

Now that the printed output text color is all normal again, I'll see what happens on my web output...
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Are you using a masterpage? Did you inadvertently apply an inline style or a class to the bodyProxy on that masterpage to be red text? Could also have been set on the <html> tag.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Re: Red Text on Entire Page - SOLVED - AGAIN!!!!

Post by jbarwick »

Nope. Nothing. Either the Condition Tag is on or off. The entire page will be "Normal" or "Red" (since my conditional tag is red)

Update: SOLVED MORE!!!!!

My Web Output is all messed up now because I removed the conditional tags. So, I HAD to find this problem. Guess what...found it... (see what you can do when pressed)...

In the "Target Properties" on the "Conditional Text" dialog at the bottom, there is a option checkbox that says

"[ x ] Preserve Condition Tags when Generating FrameMaker Documents"

Guess what...uncheck this box...and the condition tag no longer effects the font colors. Go figure!?!?!? Now all text is normal.

I added the condition tags back to the topic files. All is well. :D
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Red Text on Entire Page - SOLVED

Post by KevinDAmery »

So this is a case where a bug really is a feature? :mrgreen:
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Re: Red Text on Entire Page - SOLVED

Post by jbarwick »

Well, the interesting thing is it doesn't effect the font colors in the "PROXY" body.

So for the table of contents where the page looked like:

Contents
[ContentsProxy]

The "Contents" word was RED and the entire TOC was correctly formatted with correct colors.

Also, header and footer text (master page text) was not effected by this "feature".

Strange...