Blank Bullet

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
egag21
Propeller Head

Blank Bullet

Post by egag21 »

I have a list subclass I call "NoBullet". I use this subclass when I have a supporting paragraph to a point and don't want it to have its own bullet. I've accomplished this in the HTML by setting list-style-position to a white bullet image. I thought this was a clever solution until I discovered that this is completely ignored in the MSWord output, and instead a normal bullet appears. Any clues?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Blank Bullet

Post by LTinker68 »

Instead of using your NoBullet class, click the List Actions icon (just to the right of the indent icon) and select "Make Paragraph Item(s)" from the list that appears. That'll insert a paragraph tag indented under the list item. When you're ready to put another list item (bullet) in, click Enter to get a new paragraph tag, then click the outdent icon. Or, before clicking the List Actions icon, insert another list item, then move back up to the preceding list item and click the List Actions icon and proceed from there. (In other words, create two list items, move back to line item 1, click List Actions, then Make Paragraph Items. When you're ready to proceed, just mouse/keyboard click down to the next line item.)

If you want to use your NoBullet class instead, then don't use an image (Word doesn't accept them). Instead, set the list-style-type property to "none". (The bullet/number will still appear in the XML Editor, but it won't appear in the Preview window.)

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
egag21
Propeller Head

Re: Blank Bullet

Post by egag21 »

LTinker68 wrote:If you want to use your NoBullet class instead, then don't use an image (Word doesn't accept them). Instead, set the list-style-type property to "none". (The bullet/number will still appear in the XML Editor, but it won't appear in the Preview window.)
Thanks, LTinker68. I guess that's the answer I was looking for. I had tried "none" but it didn't seem to work. I'll give that a go. Thanks again.