Flare to Framemaker in Asian languages

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
booey
Propeller Head

Flare to Framemaker in Asian languages

Post by booey »

Has anyone used Flare to produce Framemaker output in an Asian Language e.g. Korean. When we try we get an error message that says FrameMaker douent fully suppor the language, and the output is all question marks. I realize character encoding etc is a complex subject but I expected better reuslts than I am getting.
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Re: Flare to Framemaker in Asian languages

Post by jbarwick »

I do japanese output. I believe I coded everything to Unicode.

I'll check one more time ( I just got an update yesterday from our Japanese developers )
jbarwick
Propeller Head

Post by jbarwick »

Yes, I remember now. I cannot generate the PDF's as my PC is setup as "English". If you switch your entire PC to "Korean" then you should be able to get FrameMaker to recognize the Korean (as my Japanese folks can do the PDF generation). Check the "Asian Languages Information" inside FrameMaker's "Options" dialog.

If it doesn't complain, you are good to go. My guess is that FrameMaker will complain until you completely change your system to Korean.

In the Windows Control Panel for "Languages and Regional Settings" choose the language for the "Language for non-Unicode Programs" and make sure that all your HTML files are in the MS949 character code set. (perhaps ISO-2022 will work for CJK...not sure) My Japanese files are in MS932.
booey
Propeller Head

Post by booey »

Thanks for the info. i will set up a complete foreign language O/S PC and try again.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

Hi nice to know there are fellow Flare fans in Singapore!
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder