table caption appearing twice

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jjbroomco
Propeller Head

table caption appearing twice

Post by jjbroomco »

Hi,
I'm new to the boards here and wanted to see if anyone has suggestions about something before I submit a bug report.
I'm creating Frame output for several documents that have tables. One particular table in my Frame output has the caption right in the middle of a table cell (Look for "Table 3" below:)
screen.gif
When I added the table in Flare, I specified in the Insert Table dialog that I wanted the caption to appear at the end of the table. It does, however, there's the extra instance appearing within the table cell too. In XML Editor view in Flare, the caption isn't present in the table cell. When I switch to code view, I don't see anything fishy in the HTML. The <caption> tag is at the end of the table, as it should be. I don't see any other instances of <caption> in the code.

I created this particular table in Flare using the same steps as other tables, and they all look fine in Frame output.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: table caption appearing twice

Post by LTinker68 »

Is that extra appearance also appearing in the FM output, or just the XML Editor and/or the Preview window?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jjbroomco
Propeller Head

Post by jjbroomco »

It appears strictly in the Frame output, and not in the XML editor or Preview views.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't know FM. I wonder if there's a setting where it picks up the caption and applies it itself? You said you saw the caption tag at the end of the table as it should be... Did you also check the table tag to see if it also specifies a caption property?

And if you remove the caption from the table altogether, then do you still get the caption in FM output in the middle of the cell, or do you not get any captions at all in FM?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jjbroomco
Propeller Head

Post by jjbroomco »

Problem solved....

I forgot to apply a Frame template file to my output. We use a standard template file to control the look of our Frame documents, and once I applied this file to the generated output from Flare, then the table captions appear in the correct locations.