bookmarks don't move with text in Word targets

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
kristil
Propeller Head

bookmarks don't move with text in Word targets

Post by kristil »

I have been building Word 2003 targets, and I'm still at the stage where I do quite a bit of post-processing in Word. I'm experimenting with the page break properties in headings, and it's helping with the amount of page breaks that I have to add in the output, but I still add many by hand.

In my experience, when I add a page break, the bookmark does not move to the next page with my heading. Is there a way I can avoid this?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: bookmarks don't move with text in Word targets

Post by LTinker68 »

If you insert the bookmark within or after the heading tag then it should move with it.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
kristil
Propeller Head

Post by kristil »

Hmm, that didn't work.I tried moving it to the middle, then to the end, but the bookmark ends up right back at the same spot before the heading text in the Word target. :? Thanks for the suggestion, though, Lisa.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

In Word, change the paragraph setting to have "Page Break Before" (menu Format > Paragraph > Line/Page breaks tab) rather than insert a manual page break, and the bookmark will stay with the heading. I turned this into a macro for easier post processing work.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
kristil
Propeller Head

Post by kristil »

Hey, works like a charm. 8) Thanks a lot!