Printing certain sections for PDF.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jcoria
Propeller Head

Printing certain sections for PDF.

Post by jcoria »

Hello,

I have read through the printing options and set up and am looking for some learned advice for the following task.

I would like to generated printed outputs for certain TOC books and their subbooks and topics. My intention is to have downloadable pdf documents for each of the major topic TOC in my system. I want to have the entire system printable, but want to break it down at the 1 deep level.

Best way to do this that does not require large amounts of time massaging things around?

Thank you.

JC
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Printing certain sections for PDF.

Post by lacastle »

I would probably make a PDF of the whole thing and separate it after you're done. As long as the main topics all start on new pages (which is configurable in Flare I think), you shouldn't have a problem. With Adobe Acrobat Professional (maybe other PDF software too?), it is really easy to split up a PDF.
Fedja
Propeller Head

Post by Fedja »

Sometimes this is not a handy option, particularly if the complete document is gigantic. You could tag each section with a separate condition and then make target files to include one or several sections, and exclude others.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

You could also create separate TOCs for each chapter, and create separate targets for each chapter. Then you can create a master TOC that includes all the chapters and a master output that includes all topics.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog