TOC/Index/Header/Footer when printing to PDF

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Dawn
Propeller Head

TOC/Index/Header/Footer when printing to PDF

Post by Dawn »

Hi.

Aside from my problem with breaking at topics (I've opened this issue on another thread -- http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 688#p36688) the remaining issues that I've not been able to figure out are as follows. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it so that I can wrap up this project:

1. Is there any way, when printing to PDF, to have the Index print?
2. Is there any way, when printing to PDF, to have the TOC print?
3. When printing to PDF, the header shows as the first topic that's printed (on the left) and the page number (on the right). The footers shows as the path (on the left) and the date (on the right). Is there any way, when printing to PDF, to modify the header/footer information to print something other than what is printed as these defaults?

Thanks!

Dawn
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC/Index/Header/Footer when printing to PDF

Post by KevinDAmery »

For 1, you need to add a topic with an Index Proxy to the TOC, and for 2 you need to add a topic with a TOC proxy. For 3, you can change those things in the Master Page using the Header and Footer proxies.

You mention "for PDF" alot - is that just because a PDF is what you need? Or is it because you can get it to work with other print outputs but not for direct to PDF?
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Dawn
Propeller Head

Re: TOC/Index/Header/Footer when printing to PDF

Post by Dawn »

Hi Kevin, I keep saying "for PDF" because that's the only print option that we're going to use and I didn't want anyone to give answers regarding a print option that we won't use.

Thank you for the information -- I suspected that I was going to be reading up on proxies, but I wasn't 100% sure. Now I know! Thanks!!! :)