Problem w/MasterPages creating blank sheets in Word

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
maolson3
Jr. Propeller Head

Problem w/MasterPages creating blank sheets in Word

Post by maolson3 »

I'm having a problem where I'm creating a masterpage with two body proxies, one for odd and one for even pages. When I output to a Microsoft Word document, at the end of the section where the Master page applies, it is adding blank pages on the end that have odd pages headers and footers. For example, a section ends on page 5. Then there are 5 blank pages afterwards that only show the headers and footers and the page numbers as being, 7,9,11,13,15. Does anyone know why this is happeing and can help??? Thanks
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem w/MasterPages creating blank sheets in Word

Post by KevinDAmery »

Afaik, Flare doesn't support multiple body proxies in a master page. You can have header and footer sections for first, left, and right pages, but I think you can only have one body proxy.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
maolson3
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Problem w/MasterPages creating blank sheets in Word

Post by maolson3 »

Kevin,

I'm pretty sure you can have multiple proxies for a given master page. The predecessors in my company did it that way and the help file also says this is correct (see below).

How many print master pages do I need?
That depends on your situation. You might need only one, or you might need several.

If the page settings and header/footer information on all of the pages of your document are consistent, you may be able to use just one print master page. It is possible to have one print master page with multiple body proxies on it. You might do this if you want different page settings (e.g., margins, page number settings) for first, even, and odd pages of a manual. In other words, each proxy can have a different page configuration. You can also add other content (e.g., text, images, Running HF variables) above or below the body proxies on the master page, and you can designate each of these sets of content to show up specifically on a first, even, or odd page.

However, you might not want to use just one master page for an entire document. Why? Because you might have some sections of your manual where you do not want any headers or footers at all (e.g., title page). Or you might want some sections of the manual to use one set of header or footer content and other sections to use different header or footer content.

Anything else you might think of? Thanks.