Title Page

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
DocuWil
Sr. Propeller Head

Title Page

Post by DocuWil »

Hi everybody,

Yes, great the new release of Flare 4. Congratulations. I am busy with it. A lot of new stuff that I like very much.
Question:
I made a Title page with a background image for PDF output, but every time it shows 2 pages with this image.
Settings:
Basic:
Page Size: A4 (My image has the same size, but I tried also a smaller one)
Page Margins: all zero
Background:
Color: default
Image: I browsed to select it
Repeat: No repeat
Position: both zero
Wil Veenstra

Documentation and Training Centre
Infologic Nederland
(Using Flare 11.1.2, Capture 7.0.0 and Mimic 7.0.0 in Windows 10 64-bit)
Lisa.Sawyer
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Title Page

Post by Lisa.Sawyer »

I'm having a different issue. My graphic doesn't show up as all. I've tried adding it as a background image, as a decoration frame, and as an image frame. The space appears blank when I PDF it. Any ideas?
bryce
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by bryce »

Have you tried using the Frame Contents window pane to upload the image?

When I first tried to upload an image into a frame, I used the New Image Frame Mode, which opens a dialog box in which you can upload an image. I then selected the frame, and used F2 to open the Frame Contents window pane. Using the image icon, I uploaded my graphic. It appeared in the Frame Contents as well as in the PDF.

So you might give that a shot.

I hope this helps!
DocuWil
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by DocuWil »

Thanks Brice,
I am still busy with it now.
On this moment I created a test project with the sample book which works good. Then I change things looking to the sample book and then create my own project stuff. So this looks like what you are telling me.
If I get the things right, I am sure Flare 4 is THE package I need to do my job completely. From WebHelp to creating PDF manuals (Our system software consists of a modular setup with different processes, but some processes have common things. Also we use different tools wchich have some stuff in common) and setting up test protocols. The latter one could be complicated, but if that also works fine, well then I thing that I can throw MS Word overboard.
Wil Veenstra

Documentation and Training Centre
Infologic Nederland
(Using Flare 11.1.2, Capture 7.0.0 and Mimic 7.0.0 in Windows 10 64-bit)