Rules for TOC, Index and Glossary proxy

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
zipededoo
Jr. Propeller Head

Rules for TOC, Index and Glossary proxy

Post by zipededoo »

I've created page layouts for PDF layout that feature a header on each page with a rule at the bottom of 1pt wide. When I output to PDF I get double rules on TOC, Index and Glossary pages, not chapters, parts, title pages or any others. After switching off my header rules I noticed that I still get rules on the TOC, Index and Gloss pages. Seems from the way the borders appear that I get a rule above the frame for each proxy, so on TOC I get one rule, on my two column Index I get a rule above each column. I've looked at the proxies on my html pages for each of these and can't see anything that specifies a rule to appear. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob
zipededoo
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Rules for TOC, Index and Glossary proxy

Post by zipededoo »

Hmmmm seems these rule are defined in the MadCapEditor.css in the application folder. I removed the rules from the MadCap|tocProxy, MadCap|glossaryProxy and MadCap|indexProxy and bingo, the rules vanish from my output. Now, is there a way to do this in the application rather than have to hack a system file? Because I'm sure this setting will get lost next time we upgrade. I want to specify it in my project, not in the application.

Cheers,

Rob
zipededoo
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by zipededoo »

OK, I was being dumb. These styles are in the Madcap|tocproxy etc section of the stylesheet. If you don't set them there, the defaults are used. Problem solved. Thanks Rob, no worries mate anytime :D

Rob
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

:P
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.