Override Page Layouts

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
gregoryrwalker
Propeller Head

Override Page Layouts

Post by gregoryrwalker »

So, when Flare 4 came out I dove right into the new long document publishing support. I set up some snazzy, multi-body-frame, page layouts with the intention of producing strait to pdf targets. Never again would I have to open a project in Word!

After several weeks I'm beginning to think that pdf targets might not be quite ready for prime time. I've had a boat-load of problems with styles, image support and just strange bizarre behavior.

So, now I'm back to looking at publish to Word. Problem is All those snazzy multi-frame page layouts are futzing things up. Word can only support one body frame, so when I publish what should be a 300 page document results in a 3,405 page document with only a couple of lines of text on each page.

Is there anyway to override applied page layouts? I don't fancy either 1) Discarding all the work I did on the old page layouts (incase I can some day get decent results from a pdf target) or 2) having to apply to page layouts to all my topics.