Mysterious _Gen_

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
FlowDoc
Jr. Propeller Head

Mysterious _Gen_

Post by FlowDoc »

What is this mysterious "_Gen_" entry I get in my TOC proxy when I generate the PDF output?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Mysterious _Gen_

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't know -- I don't see that. Is it appearing like a normal TOC entry? You might jump to that topic, see if it has that text, and see if there's any code in the topic that would cause Flare to create an entry for it (you might need to open the topic in the Internal Text Editor). Is this topic one you created from scratch, or did you import it from Framemaker, for instance?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
lindylou152
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lindylou152 »

Hi, any luck figuring this out? I am getting the _gen_ in my bookmarks in my PDF output. It happens in two topics, just searching the code but can't see anything weird. Both topics created from scratch.
SarahW
Propeller Head

Post by SarahW »

We've had that happen a time or two when someone added a blank line (by mistake) that used a style (such as H1) which is included in the TOC. Deleting the blank lines removed the _Gen_ lines.

If you haven't checked, might want to see if there are some extra lines in the topics.

Sarah
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Post by ccardimon »

That's my problem exactly. Got to go check for blank lines.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
Darci
Propeller Head

Post by Darci »

I am just going to start seriously getting ready for setting up a printed version of my huge project, and I have the gen bookmarks too. It is the H1 that I've used in more than one instance. Good suggestion! As soon as I saw that in the thread, I knew that was my issue! THANKS! :D
Darci

Certified MadCap Advanced Developer, v8

"Improving the world, one word and one pixel at a time."
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Post by ccardimon »

Is _Gen_ associated with extra blank lines -- P tags -- right underneath an H1 tag, or can the extra lines be scattered throughout any topic that contains H1 tags?
Craig

Lost in Disturbia