Page Numbers

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
FlowDoc
Jr. Propeller Head

Page Numbers

Post by FlowDoc »

What's the best way to get simple page numbers(in the footer) auto generating in the PDF output of a MadCap project?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Page Numbers

Post by LTinker68 »

Use a page layout. If you use one of the default ones, they already have page number codes set up in the footer.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Lulu
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lulu »

When I use the page numbers "auto" option, I cannot add addtional content into my footer.

Let me explain:

My footer is divided into 3 sections

Section 1 (c) 2008 Company Name Section 2 Page X Section 3 All Rights Reserverd

Now when I add the page number it overwrites the info already there, is there not a field I can type in or insert into my table with out interfering with the other content in the other 2 cells?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Make sure your cursor is inside a cell when you add the page number variable. You may have inadvertently selected the entire table or the entire row instead of just putting the cursor in the appropriate location. If you have trouble with that, then put a couple of blank paragraph tags in the footer, insert the page number variable, then on the first paragraph line insert the table. Then select the page number variable and drag it into a cell in the table. Sometimes it's easier to do it that way. Then delete the extra paragraph lines.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Lulu
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lulu »

Thanks - wasn't using a table (d'oh) too used to Word that allows tabs and alignment to manipulate layout. Going to have to get used to using tables again...

Thanks