Exclude first page from TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
FlowDoc
Jr. Propeller Head

Exclude first page from TOC

Post by FlowDoc »

Hi,

Have a project with a first page(Doc Title, Logo etc) which I don't want to include in the TOC.
It's printed output so am using a proxy TOC.

Easiest way to exclude a page/s from the proxy TOC?

Thanks
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Exclude first page from TOC

Post by LTinker68 »

I created a custom <h1> class called "contents" and set the mc-heading-level property for that class to 0. Then I applied that class to the heading of the topic containing the TOC proxy. Setting the mc-heading-level property to 0 tells Flare to not include that heading in the TOC, but still include the contents of the file (so long as that file is in the TOC itself).

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
hemalpatel19
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Exclude first page from TOC

Post by hemalpatel19 »

I dont know if this will work for you.

Create a topic say FrontPage_Topic
I created a seperate "FrontPage_MasterPage" masterpage for the first class with only Body Proxy content.
Then in the master TOC i selected that topic i.e. FrontPage_Topic, right click to properties and selected the masterpage FrontPage_MasterPage.
Doing this, will override the main masterpage and will use the selected masterpage FrontPage_MasterPagefor the frontpage FrontPage_Topic.htm.
While doing this, make sure you select the Start a New Section check box.
Then have a seperate TOC MasterPage for ToC and follow same steps.
And then you can have a default MasterPage for the remaining topics that will be bind with the MyMSWord target.

Try n Error will reach you here!!
Hemal Patel
Technical Writer