Printed glossary styles

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Printed glossary styles

Post by bobmoon »

Hi all -

I have added a glossary (a topic with a proxy, and a print TOC entry) to my project and my Word output now includes a Glossary section as expected. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the styles in the printed output. The text insists on using Verdana, but the rest of my document uses Arial.

Per the Flare help, I've tried changing div.GlossaryDefinition, div.GlossaryEntry, div.GlossaryHeading, and div.GlossaryTerm to use Arial as the font-family, instead of the default. But I'm still getting Verdana in my Word output. I've also tried changing the font for MadCap|glossaryProxy, but no luck.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Bob
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Printed glossary styles

Post by LTinker68 »

I'd open the stylesheet in the Internal Text Editor and make sure you don't have conflicting styles. For instance, you may have the same style listed twice in the print medium and whichever is listed second wins or whatever. You might also want to delete all of the glossary-related styles from the stylesheet (from all mediums) and start over. Also, make sure you have a body tag in the print medium set to Arial -- most tags will pull the font specs from the body tag unless specified otherwise, so double-check that your print version of the body tag is set to Arial.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by bobmoon »

Aargh! It was user error. I have been updating one copy of the stylesheet, but the print target still pointed at an old copy.

I had double checked that the htm file was referencing the correct stylesheet by looking in the source with the internal text editor. It explicitly references the new .css file. However, I guess the target stylesheet setting overrides the local file setting? That's pretty annoying.

Thanks for your suggestions, though. I found that the body tag did indeed have Verdana as the primary font, so I changed that.

Bob
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

bobmoon wrote:However, I guess the target stylesheet setting overrides the local file setting? That's pretty annoying.
I always have only one stylesheet in my projects, so I never run into that problem. However, it's not that the target stylesheet overrides the local settings... I think it's that the stylesheet listed in the target is also added to the topic at build time, and it's probably being inserted in the topic after the one specified in the topic, and according to CSS rules, the styles listed closest to the content wins. So if you had the same styles defined in both stylesheets then the stylesheet listed second would override the same styles from the first stylesheet.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by bobmoon »

LTinker68 wrote:I always have only one stylesheet in my projects, so I never run into that problem.
Yeah, I'm in major testing mode and forgot that I had an old copy of the stylesheet in another folder.
LTinker68 wrote:... I think it's that the stylesheet listed in the target is also added to the topic at build time, and it's probably being inserted in the topic after the one specified in the topic....
Now that's something I didn't know. Thanks!

Bob