_Toc PDF bookmark strangeness

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

_Toc PDF bookmark strangeness

Post by ccardimon »

In addition to the _gen_ bookmarks I mentioned in another post, I am also getting other odd PDF bookmarks.

These begin with "_Toc" and end with a series of numbers, such as 204671391. The numbers change with each bookmark that begins with _Toc.

What are these, what do they mean, and how can I get rid of them?
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: _Toc PDF bookmark strangeness

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you import the topics from Word? That looks like the type of code referencing Word uses to designate items that should be added to the TOC when the TOC is created/updated in Word. Some of that code may have remained when you imported the topic in Word -- try searching in the Flare topic for that bookmark text (set it to search in source code).

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Post by ccardimon »

LTinker68 wrote:Did you import the topics from Word?
Yes. I guess I should try eliminating that.
LTinker68 wrote:That looks like the type of code referencing Word uses to designate items that should be added to the TOC when the TOC is created/updated in Word. Some of that code may have remained when you imported the topic in Word -- try searching in the Flare topic for that bookmark text (set it to search in source code).
I'll give it a shot. Thank you.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Post by ccardimon »

It's working, I think. Thanks a bunch. I was unable to search for the "_Toc" because the forum search engine said the term was too general. I was stuck before I got started.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia