Empty page in page layout are not used

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Sys-Rikke
Propeller Head

Empty page in page layout are not used

Post by Sys-Rikke »

I have a problem with my page layouts and empty pages. I have created three page layouts; one for first page of manual, one for the toc and one for the rest. All layouts include an empty page. In my printed manual however the only empty page is after my first page. All empty pages that should appear if a chapter (or toc) ends on a right side, to keep all new chapters starting on the right side, are missing. This means that sometimes the right and left pages are messed up so a right page can be followed by a right side, which look absolutely ridiculous...

When I check the help, my project is more or less mimicing the example stated here, but the result is just far from the desired one. Does anyone have ideas as to how to fix it or is it a bug in the page layout??

thanks
Rikke
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Empty page in page layout are not used

Post by LTinker68 »

Double-check on the TOC entries where you specify a new chapter that you didn't disable the option to end on an empty page. By default it's normally set to allow empty pages, but maybe you inadvertently changed that field.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Sys-Rikke
Propeller Head

Post by Sys-Rikke »

must have checked and double checked that the option is set to 'enable' about a miilion times. So this is not the problem. :-(

/Rikke
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Make sure each "chapter" has a new chapter break assigned to it in the TOC, even if you're using the same page layout for each one. In other words, if you have three chapters, each one of them should have a chapter break on the first topic in the chapter. If you only did the chapter break on the first topic of the first chapter, then Flare doesn't know where the other chapters are supposed to break. You may set up your TOC so that each book is a chapter, but it wants more info because not everyone may set up their TOCs that way, so you have to explicitly indicate in the TOC where each chapter starts.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Sys-Rikke
Propeller Head

Post by Sys-Rikke »

Each book is a chapter and they each have a chapter brake attached to them. I have sent my project to tech support today and awaits some answers from them, hopefully within the week.

Rikke
Sys-Rikke
Propeller Head

Post by Sys-Rikke »

Hi again,

Was told by tech support that the reason I did not see the empty pages in my output was due to the fact that Word does not recognize decoration frames. I find it very strange that the Flare Help does not state the fact that you cannot use empty pages with Word output...!!

:Rikke