RESOLVED - Glossary terms as footnotes -- style help, please

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
JudyH
Propeller Head

RESOLVED - Glossary terms as footnotes -- style help, please

Post by JudyH »

I think this works differently now that I'm compiling in V4 ...

My glossary terms are being shown as footnotes. The "Printed Output" tab offers controls for expanding text and for pop-up text but not for glossary items converted to text. Perhaps glossary items are considered pop-ups, as the behavior is similar.

The main problem is that the footnotes are defaulting to "Normal" text. I don't see a way to control the formatting of those footnotes. I have been working with the styles for Madcap|Footnote, but those don't seem to have any impact -- the text is still generated as "Normal."

What property controls apply to footnotes automatically generated from glossary terms?
Last edited by JudyH on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judy Hennessey
JudyH
Propeller Head

Re: Glossary terms as footnotes -- style help, please

Post by JudyH »

I've tried adding a regular footnote (one not generated by the presence of a glossary term) and I'm seeing the same behavior. The footnote class is associated but when the Word output is generated, no styles are applied.

How can I format a footnote?
Judy Hennessey
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't have Flare running at the moment, but isn't there a MadCap|footnote style in the Stylesheet Editor? You might have to be in advanced view to see it.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
JudyH
Propeller Head

Post by JudyH »

There is, and I have changed the settings multiple times. It doesn't matter, as no style case is applied to the output. It defaults to "Normal."

I have confirmed that the style case is associated with the footnote.
Judy Hennessey
JudyH
Propeller Head

Post by JudyH »

Many hours later ...

The style case was associated with the footnote -- but the style sheet hadn't been explicitly associated with the print output for the target. I have only one style sheet and it always seemed to be the "Default" before (though its name is Styles.css). This time, I had to make that relationship explicit. Once that was in place, the styles carried over to the Word document.

The odd thing was that it was the footnotes, and ONLY the footnotes, out of the entire project that weren't retaining the style.
Judy Hennessey