Tweaking PDF bookmark creation

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
gwadmin
Propeller Head

Tweaking PDF bookmark creation

Post by gwadmin »

Is it possible to configure the way that Flare's PDF engine creates bookmarks?

I'm using a trick where I use H6 as a chapter title; it then gets formatted differently in the TOC and I can suck it into page headings.... in Frame (or via the print driver; I forget) there was a way to adjust the way that bookmark levels were generated from heading levels, so I could order them as H6, H1, H2, H3.

I found an acrobat plugin (autobookmark from evermap.com) that will fix all of that stuff, but it would be more ideal to set that up from the Flare side instead of postprocessing the PDFs afterwards.

Thanks!
j.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Tweaking PDF bookmark creation

Post by LTinker68 »

I think what you want to do is, in the stylesheet, set the mc-heading-level for <h6> to "1" (by default it will be 6). That will put it at the same heading level as <h1>.

To get to the mc-heading-level field, set the stylesheet to Advanced view and set it to "Show Relevant Properties". For heading tags, the mc-heading-level property will appear at the top. (If you ever want to give a non-heading style a heading level, set the stylesheet to show property groups, then expand the Unclassified group.)

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
gwadmin
Propeller Head

Re: Tweaking PDF bookmark creation

Post by gwadmin »

BTW -- while there are changes I'd like to see, AutoBookmark from http://www.evermap.com has been working pretty well....zaps and recreates the bookmarks in about a second.