Use TOC Depth for Heading Levels & Hd-level Page breaks PDF

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
SDilg
Propeller Head

Use TOC Depth for Heading Levels & Hd-level Page breaks PDF

Post by SDilg »

Hello everyone,

I’m having a strange isssue, hoping someone can shed some light. My PDF target has been set up with the “Use TOC Depth for Heading Levels” setting in the Printed Output portion of the Target Editor. I have verified that my first four heading styles are set to always have a page break before them, in the Default and Print mediums. The overwhelming majority of my headings start at the beginning of a page just fine. But in each of two different PDF outputs, there are two random "rogue" topics where no page break is being created before the topic. In two cases, these topics are sandwiched between two others that are behaving as expected. I have compared these topics to the ones that are actually working and don’t see any noticeable differences.

Anyone else experiencing glitches with the “Use TOC Depth for Heading Levels” output, or have an idea of where to look?

Thanks so much,

SDilg
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Use TOC Depth for Heading Levels & Hd-level Page breaks PDF

Post by LTinker68 »

Do those rogue topics use a base heading level, or a class of a heading level? For instance, is it <h3>Topic title</h3> or perhaps <h3 class="special">Topic title</h3>? If it's the latter, then try setting the page break properties set on the class, too.

Another possibility is that the heading is inside another container tag, like a DIV. If that's the case, then the DIV may need to have the page-break properties set on it.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
SDilg
Propeller Head

Re: Use TOC Depth for Heading Levels & Hd-level Page breaks PDF

Post by SDilg »

Thank you Lisa,

I did check the heading styles to make sure that there were no classes and checked for DIV containers as well.

I have just resolved the problem for at least one topic, but not in the manner I would have liked. I went to the previous topic's last paragraph, and set it to always have a page break after it. What can I say, it worked... Still have yet to try this on my other rogue topics but I am confident it will work.

Thanks for your reply!! After reading it I've been able to identify how other container tags were affecting my printed targets as well.

-Sara