Leveraging for printed materials. Best route to take?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jcoria
Propeller Head

Leveraging for printed materials. Best route to take?

Post by jcoria »

Hello,

I am assisting the training group with some curriculum and criterion referenced instruction. My web help content is very close to that format and I want to leverage it and use it for printed for, Word is preferable. I have Word 2007 and am using Flare 4.2. Is there way to publish only certain topics? I have my content broken down by modules and want to place that content in word format. Sorry for this rudimentary question, I have looked at the help content, but am wanting your guru advice...should I just continue using Flare to create the training materials(make copies of the content in a separate folder and exclude it from the web help output? Transfer the content in Word and make the edits there? Easiest way to push only specfic help content to a word build?

Thank you.

JC
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Leveraging for printed materials. Best route to take?

Post by KevinDAmery »

Hi,

The simplest thing to do is to make a Word output target (or modify one if you prefer) and create a new TOC for it. Only include the topics that you want to use for the training material in the new TOC. With print output like Word, Flare only includes topics that are added to the TOC: all the rest will be ignored.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare