TOC label doesn't match output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jpeffley
Propeller Head

TOC label doesn't match output

Post by jpeffley »

In my printed output TOC, I have reworded some of the items. They look fine on the TOC. They used to look fine in the TOC output. Recently, I noticed that what was showing in the output is not what's on the TOC - they revert to the filename (without the extension). The Topic Title (in the Properties dialog box) and the label in the TOC are the same, but the filename is different, and that's what is showing when I output to PDF.

Suggestions?
beagley
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: TOC label doesn't match output

Post by beagley »

I have a similar problem.

The chapter titles in my PDF output appear to be reverting to the text of the first H1 of each topic.

I want the names I've entered in the TOC in Flare. But I can't figure out how to make them appear in the PDF.
(I've had to resort to using conditionals for Print/Screen in the Topic title! Which is gross!)
jpeffley
Propeller Head

Post by jpeffley »

I know this worked correctly in previous versions. If someone from Madcap is moderating, can you check to see if this is perhaps a bug with one of the updates (I'm using v4.2).
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Simplest thing to do is send Madcap a bug report:

http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx

Don't worry about if they already have a bug reported for it: if they do, they'll merge the reports, and if they don't then now they'll have a record of it.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare