MadCap's Dynamic Help Window

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
jimgilliam
Propeller Head

MadCap's Dynamic Help Window

Post by jimgilliam »

Hi. I'd like to create something similar to the Dynamic Help window that opens when you click Help > Dynamic Help in Flare. See attached image.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish creating something like this? I'm wanting a panel (or custom sized window) to display my team's help content.

CSH calls with HTML5 just open a new browser window or tab, and I want a custom window that opens instead. Does MadCap use the deprecated WebHelp to accomplish this? Or is there another way or option?

Thanks,

Jim

[img]
dynamicHelp.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:flare:
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: MadCap's Dynamic Help Window

Post by Psider »

I believe this would be a window built into the application by your devs. This help window would display a webviewer (kind of a cut down browser). They would also code the application so that the help calls open in that application window.

There's information about who does what for CSH in the help files. Plus this topic with very basic information about the dynamic help. https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... c-Help.htm