Glossary Hotspot links from RH

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Jessa
Propeller Head

Glossary Hotspot links from RH

Post by Jessa »

OK, technically, this is an RH issue, but the difference in glossary functionality between RH and Flare revealed this issue. I'm just hoping somebody can figure this out.

OK, about a week ago I was asked whether or not you could have a name in the topic that links to a glossary term that has another name. Here, we have items that appear in the software with the same name, but have a different technical definition and name "behind the scenes."

In RH, the previous writer typed in the UI name and created a glossary hotspot to show the corresponding definition. The glossary hotspot did not have to match the glossary name. On importing to Flare, we learned that the name that appears in the topic has to match the name of the glossary term.

Now that I am trying to re-create this in Flare, I have to go back into RH and see what glossary term the glossary hotspot is linking to. I can't figure out how to do it because I can't go by the name. The closest I've come is looking at the True Code tab in RH. There, I can see that each glossary term is assigned an ID. However, I can't see this ID assignment. I've opened the GLO file in Word, Notepad, Excel and I can't see these IDs.

Does anyone have any ideas?