Flare 5 Trial user confused about search behavior

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
keuler
Propeller Head

Flare 5 Trial user confused about search behavior

Post by keuler »

All- I just imported a RoboHelp project in the trial version of Flare 5. I'm experimenting with the Find options. I see that I can search "(whole project)" for the first occurance of a string, but I don't understand how I can find the next occurence of the string in the project. If I press the Start button again in the Find and Replace window, nothing happens: The first found string in the project remains highlighted, even though there's clearly other occurances in other files. When I press the Find Next button, the highlighted cycles through matches in the current file: This button, too, doesn't seek subsequent occurences in other files.

Please advise? Am I seeing a disabled feature of the trial installation? Is this a bug? Am I proceeding incorrectly? :?

Thanks.

-Kurt
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 5 Trial user confused about search behavior

Post by NorthEast »

If you get stuck in one topic, you can skip to the next file by clicking the >> button (above the Start button).

You're not doing anything wrong, the find and replace isn't that intuitive, and in my experience the Find Next button can be a bit unpredictable. Sometimes it does move on to the next file, but sometimes it doesn't (as you've found). And sometimes it is greyed-out for no apparent reason.