Cross references to bookmark defect

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
bbolt
Propeller Head

Cross references to bookmark defect

Post by bbolt »

Hi,

I searched the forum for this problem and found nothing. Has anyone noticed the following defect with Flare 5.01 re applying cross references that use a bookmark within the cross-referenced file? Here are my steps.

1. Open File A and select text to which you want to apply a cross reference.
2. Open File B, which has a Heading 2 to which you want the cross reference to jump.
3. Click the Insert Cross Reference toolbar button.
4. Click Link to Open Document and select File B.
5. Click the Bookmark button.
6. Select the Heading 2 to which you want the cross reference to jump & click OK
7. Notice that the gray box near the bottom of the dialog displays the text first paragraph in the file, not the selected bookmark.

*** This is the problem -- although I selected a bookmark, the Insert Cross-reference dialog ignores it and makes the xref to the first paragraph in the file***

8. Click OK.
9. The inserted Cross reference lists the text of the first paragraph in the file, not the selected bookmark.
10. Select that text, right click mouse, choose Edit Cross-reference.
11. Now the Heading 2 to which I want the cross reference to jump appears in the gray box near the bottom of the dialog.
12 Click OK, and the correct cross reference appears.

I reported this to Flare and they said they cannot reproduce. If someone else can reproduce this, it may spur them to fix the defective code.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Cross references to bookmark defect

Post by LTinker68 »

Does your heading 2 text have a hyperlink in it somewhere? I did just notice a little glitch that might be the cause of your problems. In one of my tests, the heading two text included a hyperlink in that line. When I inserted a xref to that heading, it put the bookmark in front of the hyperlinked text. Well, that's what it looked like. What it actually did was add the bookmark inside that <a href...> tag instead of putting it at the beginning of the line. So that is a bug. Maybe that's what's happening with you -- your heading 2 text includes a hyperlink and it's putting the bookmark inside that tag. If your heading 2 text doesn't have any hyperlinks in it, then it'll insert the bookmark at the beginning of the text and not in the middle.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.