Report on file properties?

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Report on file properties?

Post by BedfordWriter »

I'm making use of the file property, Topic Style in every topic I create. Now I'd like to generate a report to see all my topics that are tasks, all that are concepts, etc.
I can sort-of do that outside Flare by doing a search for "file contains...", but I'd expect that one of the built-in reports should be able to do it as well.
Just not seeing the option that I need in order to do that...
(Actually, a filtered view that allows me to open each linked file would be even nicer than just a report listing, but I'll take what I can get.)
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Report on file properties?

Post by NorthEast »

The Topic Style Class is the body class set in the topic, but there's no report that will list topics with a particular style class.

You can search within files inside Flare, using either Find and Replace or Find in Files (which will show the list of topics). As you want to search the HTML code, tick the Find in source code option.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

When I started using DITA the text editor I had would add a prefix of c_, r_, or t_ to the file name. Since coming over to Flare I've found that I like having that prefix even though I have to add it manually.

To address your question, I'm wondering if a VBScript would work?
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

To answer my own question, no. There are VB Scripts to generate a report on file properties, but I don't see Flare properties anywhere in the file properties.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard