"Exiting" from a div to create a new, unrelated paragraph

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
mafaulkner
Propeller Head

"Exiting" from a div to create a new, unrelated paragraph

Post by mafaulkner »

What's the trick for starting a new paragraph outside a div? I sometimes have nested divs three or four levels deep, so when I want to create a new paragraph outside the div, I have to keep right-clicking it and moving it left. Flare seems to require me to plan the shape of my topic before I start writing.

Is there a secret to simply starting a new paragraph at the body level?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: "Exiting" from a div to create a new, unrelated paragraph

Post by LTinker68 »

I think when you click return and get the new div, you can click the outdent icon to have it move left, although if you're several layers deep you might have to keep clicking the outdent icon.

When I write, I tend to keep put in a few blank paragraphs, then go back to the first one, enter my content, then press enter to insert a new paragraph, which leaves my original extra paragraphs left. When I'm done writing the topic I'll delete the unused paragraphs. I've sort of gotten in that habit with Word, too, because sometimes it's hard to get out of something and back to a normal paragraph. Actually, I think I started the habit in Word and continued in Flare.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

Another option is to Save and switch over to the Text Editor. You can then manually type in <p></p>, Save again and go back to the XML Editor. Not ideal, but effective.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

You can also do this with the arrow keys, paying attention to the shape and spacing of the cursor icon - although it's much easier when displaying the tag bar.

Basically make sure the cursor is at the end of the div, then press the down arrow key until it is a broad horizontal cursor with a larger gap from text.

For example, if you have two levels of divs, the first down arrow will result in a broad horizontal cursor close to the text, as will the second down arrow (pressing enter here will add a P to the first div). The third arrow down will result in a wider gap from the text. Pressing enter here will add a P to the body immediately after the first div. It is easier to see with the tag bar, as the relevant div will be highlighted at each step.
Divs.png
HTH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FeeMaher
Propeller Head

Re: "Exiting" from a div to create a new, unrelated paragrap

Post by FeeMaher »

This is a god send - thank-you!! I have been trying to get around this for ages!!