Apply property setting to multiple topics at the same time

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Ashley_Drew
Jr. Propeller Head

Apply property setting to multiple topics at the same time

Post by Ashley_Drew »

Hi,

I have hundreds of topics that I need to include in my HTML5 output, but I do not want them to appear in search results. I see the "Include topic when full-text search database is generated" check box on the Topic Properties tab in the Properties window. I think that will work, but I'd rather not have to select that check box for each topic.

Does Flare have a way to select multiple topics before right-clicking and selecting Properties? The Ctrl key doesn't seem to work when I'm viewing the topic list in the Content Explorer pane. Is there some other way to apply a property setting to multiple topics at the same time?

Ashley
sfoley
Propeller Head

Re: Apply property setting to multiple topics at the same time

Post by sfoley »

Ashley_Drew wrote:Does Flare have a way to select multiple topics before right-clicking and selecting Properties? The Ctrl key doesn't seem to work when I'm viewing the topic list in the Content Explorer pane. Is there some other way to apply a property setting to multiple topics at the same time?
In Content Explorer, click the second button from the left (Show Files). It changes the interface to the traditional two-column view, with folders in the left pane and folder contents in the right. You can then use Ctrl or Shift to select multiple files in the right pane.
i-tietz
Propellus Maximus

Post by i-tietz »

If you have topics in several folders that you want to select at the same time, you will finde the file list useful (View | File List)
Inge____________________________
"I need input! - Have you got input?"
Ashley_Drew
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Ashley_Drew »

Thank you both very much! :D