Problem inserting rows in a table!

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
MLimtiaco
Propeller Head

Problem inserting rows in a table!

Post by MLimtiaco »

Hello! I'm editing content in a 2-column x 8-row table. When I place the cursor in a cell and select Table > Insert > Rows Above, I get a new row cell in only one of the two columns - the next column seems to have a big space above the existing content, but no new cell or borders there. I've used this command many times without problems in other docs, but this occurs about half the time in existing tables in this document, so there's no consistency I can spot in the problem. All my Table Property settings seem to be OK. What's going on here? See the screenshot:
Table_prob.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem inserting rows in a table!

Post by Msquared »

I'd have a look at the actual XML of the problem table and see if there is anything strange going on. There may be some extra cells or rows of zero width/height that are messing things up.

This is quite possible, certainly if you converted from Word. I can't remember the details now, but I can remember having to do quite a lot of tidying up to tables that came from Word. Mant of them had extra columns that I couldn't explain.
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.