Images too wide

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
CATERAF
Sr. Propeller Head

Images too wide

Post by CATERAF »

Hi, I am very very new to everything that is to do with css and flare in general.
I've just added an image and feel quite pleased that I've managed to get it to float around my text (that took a good 30minutes but we had success! :-) ),
but then I went to my print output and the image is too big to fit on the page so it just slices it at the edge of the page and I say goodbye to that part of the picture.
Is there a way to be able to get the picture to not be allowed to go off the page (and/or to stay within the frame). I used a title page layout and have my body section set-up but the image doesn't seem to care and just does what it fancies.
Any help is much appreciated -- I've run searches but I must be missing keywords to find it, I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem...

Thanks in advance,
Avril :)
Rene Severens
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Images too wide

Post by Rene Severens »

Hi,

For what it is worth, I created a page layout and defined a body-width and assigned this page-layout to the topics.
Next selected the Img in the style sheet and set the width to 100%.

As a result, all images are automatically scaled to fit the maximum available space of the defined body-width.

It is still possible to resize the image to a smaller size.
This I did for PDF output, in the Print medium.

Hope this helps!

René Severens
"The numbers are strange today; they somehow do not seem to add up."