Glossaries: Many terms, one definition

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Sarahme
Jr. Propeller Head

Glossaries: Many terms, one definition

Post by Sarahme »

Hi
I am creating a glossary for an online manual for our business. The problem is, we have a number of job titles referenced where the job title may be different in each country, but the definition is the same. Also, some of those job titles are also abbreviated. So an MAM is a Member Administration Manager, but may also be called a Member Experience Manager or MEM. All four terms mean the same thing.
I want to create one definition for all four terms, but only want it to appear once in the glossary. Is there a way of defining the terms whilst having only one glossary entry? I've tried adding each term on different lines (in Properties) but that just puts every term into the glossary, which isn't what I want.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Glossaries: Many terms, one definition

Post by Nita Beck »

You could put the definition in a topic file, and then in the glossary file, instead of typing in a definition of the term, link the term to the topic file. So you'd end up with a single glossary term, but in the topic you could cover all the variations.

Here's a link to the topic that covers this in the Flare 9 Help system:
http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... itions.htm

Hope this helps...
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!