Can't select bullet style

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
CATERAF
Sr. Propeller Head

Can't select bullet style

Post by CATERAF »

I am currently trying to set up simple bullets in Flare :flare:
e.g.,
- I am the first step
- I am another step
- I am one more step.

However, I can't seem to get Flare to do it. I followed the manual, but Flare won't let me use <li> instead of <p>.
Any idea how to do it please?
I could get auto-numbers to work, but not bullets.
I have also made sure the mediums are all the same (non-print) because that was an issue I had when auto-numbering.

I also tried using li at the top level and then read something that said I should create a class. So, I created a li.bullet class. Still doesn't let me use that style though..

Any thought0s please?

Thanks
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Can't select bullet style

Post by Lydia »

The <li> style/tag is used in lists, either ordered (<ol>) or unordered (<ul>). Without the list, this won't work as far as I know.
So, simply converting a <p> to a <li> isn't an option.
You can select your lines that should go into the list, then in the Home ribbon > Paragraph section, click the Bulleted list button.
Hope this does what you want to achieve.
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Can't select bullet style

Post by SteveS »

You should be able to click anywhere in a line of text and click the bulleted list button from the paragraph group on the ribbon's home tab to convert the <P> tag to <UL> and the current line to <li>. If you click toggle show blocks at the bottom of the editor you will be able to see what tags have been applied.

If the tags have been applied the problem will be in the style sheet. When you are playing wuith Flare and learning try to strat with a blank project, that way you don't get confused by all the detail in some of the more advanced templates. I experimented with one of the inbuilt templates and it doesn't show the bullets in the default views, but when I changed to web view the bullets were displayed.

Its also a good idea to stay away from mediums until you are comfortable with style sheets, its easy to get confused and start changing styles for a medium other than the one being displayed.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.