Resetting Counter for Ol style

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Leah
Propeller Head

Resetting Counter for Ol style

Post by Leah »

How do I reset the counter for each ordered list?

I tried to be slick and apply styles to my ol, li, and ul lists, but it turned into a disaster. I then tried to reset all styles to Default (not set), but when I do that, I can't get back any of the list actions. For example, I can't set the numbering sequence.

I'm at a loss. I've spent the entire day fumbling through the stylesheet editor. I even printed the 800+ page PDF (but my printer started printing blank pages at page 512). I need to move on, but my output looks like crap, and I'm not sure what to do at this point. Start over? Try to re-write my content so that it doesn't have procedures?

I just started using Flare and I'm frustrated with it right now. Someone please help me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Leah on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leah
Propeller Head

Re: Resetting Counter for Ol style

Post by Leah »

Figured it out. I disabled the OL, LI, and UL styles, and then imported the factory style sheet. I haven't checked every Flare topic, but I think it worked. Lesson learned: AutoNumber is not as easy as it looks.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Resetting Counter for Ol style

Post by Nita Beck »

There was a lively discussion on list numbering a few months back (http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 12&start=0) that you might find informative.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!