Keyboard shortcut for closing a project?

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
oldhousegeek84
Propeller Head

Keyboard shortcut for closing a project?

Post by oldhousegeek84 »

Hi, experts,

One thing that really bugs me about the new(ish) Flare UI: You need to choose File > Close > Close Project to close one project before opening another. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does the same thing?

I know that--theoretically--you don't need to close a project before opening another, but my experience has been that Flare can get confused if you change projects that way too often. I feel more confident when I close projects manually.

Thanks!

Marsha
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Re: Keyboard shortcut for closing a project?

Post by Msquared »

Not quite what you asked, I know, but you could add the Close Project button to the QAT. Then it would be available on just one click.

In fact, I've taken my own advice and done exactly that while writing this. I've noticed that Flare 9.1 crashes if you open one project without first closing the previous one. So I've recently got into the habit of closing one before opening another. Having the correct command on the QAT will be useful, as I often just click File > Close by mistake, which just closes the topic and isn't enough to stop the crash.
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

The standard Windows approach is [alt]+[f] to open the file menu (or backstage view) then press the keys depicted by tooltips...

I tried this on a laptop running Win8 and the keystrokes to expand the close menu [c]+[l] just closed the XML editor without showing the close menu (2 items, close and close project).

I'll report it as a bug, but you might want to try it under Win7 or XP in case its a Win8 thing...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
oldhousegeek84
Propeller Head

Post by oldhousegeek84 »

Thanks, all. I think Msquared has a brilliant idea! I never thought about adding that option to my Quick Access Toolbar, but it's the perfect solution.

I also slip more often than not and close the file instead of the project. I thought I was just clumsy, but I guess I'm not the only one who finds this interface fiddly.
nashir
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by nashir »

oldhousegeek84 wrote:Thanks, all. I think Msquared has a brilliant idea! I never thought about adding that option to my Quick Access Toolbar, but it's the perfect solution.

I also slip more often than not and close the file instead of the project. I thought I was just clumsy, but I guess I'm not the only one who finds this interface fiddly.
Yeh you are right. Also I face this problem. Now I solve this problem.