Table with merged cells not spanning properly

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Cheryl B
Propeller Head

Table with merged cells not spanning properly

Post by Cheryl B »

I have a complex table with merged cells.

I am attaching the htm file and also the pdf. In the pdf file, on the bottom table, note that there are some missing borders. It seems like, when I merged the three cells into one ("Cell F5/F6/F7") Flare only recognizes part of the merge. Also, note that the top table has the same merges but does not show the missing border. It's only when I add more text into the bottom left cell that the borders disappear.

This seems like a Flare bug. Is this a known problem? What's the workaround?

Thanks,

Cheryl B

(Darn. This forum is not allowing me to attach an htm file or a pdf. Fine. I'll convert the htm into a txt file and attach it and I will take a screenshot of the pdf.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Re: Table with merged cells not spanning properly

Post by Msquared »

SInce no-one else has answered, i thought I'd take a look.

I note you have used a table stylesheet, but also have manual styling in your topic for the cells that are going wrong. The manual styling is this bit

Code: Select all

style="border-left: solid 1px;border-left-color: #000000;"
in this row

Code: Select all

<tr class="Body-Normal">
                    <td class="BodyE-Normal-Normal" rowspan="2" style="border-left: solid 1px;border-left-color: #000000;">Cell G6 & G7<br /><br /><br />Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.<br /></td>
                    <td class="BodyE-Normal-Normal">Cell H6</td>
                    <td class="BodyD-Normal-Normal">Cell I6</td>
                </tr>
You also have the same in some of the other merged cells, but I suspect you've not got enough text in those cells to upset Flare. I would try removing that, and seeing if the problem goes away. You can get unpredictable results if you try to use table stylesheets and styling in the topic too.
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.