Toggler "tool tip"

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
pjnut
Propeller Head

Toggler "tool tip"

Post by pjnut »

I recently added images to my togglers which work really great--down arrow image to expand the toggler and up arrow to collapse it. The problem is that when I view the help and hover over the togglers, the tool tip says Toggler. I tried changing the alternate text property for the images in my style sheet; but, that did not help.

Does anyone know what property I need to change so that I can replace Toggler with Select or another more appropriate word?

Thanks.
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Toggler "tool tip"

Post by Lydia »

Hi, in your style sheet, you will have to change the mc-closed-image-alt-text and mc-open-image-alt-text property of the MadCap|toggler style. For more information and other properties of the toggler , check out the Help at Features > Styles and Stylesheets > Regular Stylesheets > Editing Togglers.
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Lydia »

Sorry, I think I was too fast with my earlier post. I referred to the wrong property. Can it be that the toggler does not have a screen tip (title attribute)? At least that you cannot change it? See the table for accessibility in Features > Accessibility > About Accessibility . The row for togglers has no check mark for the title/screen tip.
It's strange though, that you see Toggler when you hover over it ...
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
pjnut
Propeller Head

Post by pjnut »

Yes...I did change the alt text for the images. I think it's strange, too, because I use togglers extensively in all my help files and have never had a problem. It's only now when I use a custom image that I see the Toggler tool tip.

I also didn't mention...this is HTML5 output. When I output to Webhelp, Toggler doesn't appear but neither do the images. Now I'm even more confused. :?
Kiel
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Kiel »

MadCap support answer to my closely related question:
http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 104#p95104

As of now, there is not a way to edit the tooltip of certain elements, such as togglers, expanded text, and drop downs. I have submitted this as a feature request on your behalf to our Product Managers who work with our Research and Development team regarding future versions of our products. If this feature is implemented in a future version of Flare, you will be notified via e-mail.

As a workaround, the tooltips for these elements is stored in the topic files themselves. If you open a built topic file in a text editor, and navigate to the line of code for the specific element, you will notice a "title", which is the name of the tooltip. If this is changed in the code, then it will change in the WebHelp. I have attached an image showing the location of this code.