Inserting Snippet in List

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
smajors
Sr. Propeller Head

Inserting Snippet in List

Post by smajors »

I am trying to insert a snippet that's part of a bulleted list in another list, only indented. I'm having trouble getting this to work properly. Is there a better way to insert a snippet in a list without it creating an extra bullet?

I have called out in a red box in the image below how it is adding in an extra bullet but I can't figure out how to remove it while keeping the snippet in the list.
Snippet in List.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Technical Writer
Training & Development Team/Marketing Department
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Inserting Snippet in List

Post by whunter »

You might find it easier to switch to the text editor and adjust the tags. You want the tags to look like this:

Code: Select all

<li>
                <p>Permissions: blah blah blah</p>
                <MadCap:snippetBlock src="../../Resources/Snippets/yoursnippetfile.flsnp" />
            </li>
Maybe there's an extra <li> around your snippet? Or maybe no paragraph tags on the Permissions paragraph?
smajors
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by smajors »

The code view does not let me delete the extra <li> tag, it says <li+> which I've never seen the plus in a tag before.
Technical Writer
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

That's the actual XML structure view, as opposed to the page code view. I don't have Flare open at the moment, but I believe in the toolbar just above the XML Editor there is something like a lowercase t or t+ that when clicked toggles back and forth from code view to XML structure view. Switch to the code view and you should be able to delete the <li> block.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

In Flare 9 or 10, you click the Text Editor tab at the bottom of the topic to view the "code view" which is the HTML source for the topic that you are creating.

Paul Pehrson
My Blog

smajors
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by smajors »

I have V8 and it's slightly different. I have to click the
Flare V8 HTML Code Icon.jpg
eye icon in the XML toolbar at the top for code view, but I'm still trying to figure out how to remove certain tags in codes as it doesn't allow me to easily delete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Technical Writer
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by whunter »

That view isn't what we mean by "code view". :) In version 8, I think what you need to do is right-click the topic and select Open in Internal Text Editor (or something like that). This will open up the topic in raw HTML that you can edit. Or you can simply open the topic outside of Flare using Notepad (or similar) and make the changes there.

In version 9 and higher each topic opens in a two-tabbed view -- one tab shows the "what you see is almost what you get" view that you are used to, and one shows the HTML.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

In Flare V8, the "code view" button is the one next to the eye - with the blue arrow:
flare_buttons_v8.PNG
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne