Looking for a JS code to add topic to browser Favorites

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
VincentAB
Jr. Propeller Head

Looking for a JS code to add topic to browser Favorites

Post by VincentAB »

Hello! I did some searching online and on the forums and I found a few answers but they were all a few years old and didn't work properly, so I wasn't sure if there is someone who figured out how to do this yet. I emailed MadCap support as well and after a few days, they suggested that I post here because they were unable to get the code working too. I am looking to add a custom button on my HTML5 toolbar output that would enable users to add the current topic to their browsers Favorites folder. Where I work, we are limited to using IE, so I don't have to worry about it working in any other browsers or in any other devices (such as mobile or tablet). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do realize that users can just use the browsers option to "Add to Favorites" but I'm trying to make things very simple for the end users. Thanks for your help with this matter!
VincentAB
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Looking for a JS code to add topic to browser Favorites

Post by VincentAB »

My MadCap project is on our intranet, so I really wouldn't have to worry about that, I'd imagine. The user would still have to click the toolbar button to add it to favorites though, so I'm not sure if consent would be a concern or not.
VincentAB
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Looking for a JS code to add topic to browser Favorites

Post by VincentAB »

In case anyone is interested in this, I found this link: http://www.thewebflash.com/how-to-add-a ... r-website/

Instead of adding the custom button to the Toolbar in the Output, I modified the Masterpage file and inserted the button below the Breadcrumb proxy and before the topic content. Works exactly how it should.