Working quickly with numbered lists

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
QuiescingHal
Jr. Propeller Head

Working quickly with numbered lists

Post by QuiescingHal »

Hello,

I am noticing that I cannot easily erase a numbered list item. For instance, I try to paste text from a PDF document into a numbered list and Flare inserts new list number items according to criteria that are not clear to me (I have inserted a single sentence from a PDF that I need to be the continuation of one list item). I then cannot easily get rid of the unwanted number (in MS Word I would use the backspace key to delete the number and join the text to the previous list item). I then try placing my cursor at the beginning of the unwanted list item, also as I might do in Word, and turn off the list item button from the menus but this is not available. I think the mouse-right/Unbind command converts the ordered list to a paragraph but then I still cannot use backspace from the start of the pasted text to combine the text, or delete from the end of the preceding list item to join the two. What is the normal procedure?

Thanks for any help.

JF
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Working quickly with numbered lists

Post by devjoe »

If you turn on the options to show blocks and shows spans (via toggle buttons at the bottom of the editor window) you should be able to see which other tags are causing these problems.
Most likely, you are ending up with paragraph tags inside your list items, and you are having trouble with the interaction of these with the list when you are trying to combine items by backspacing. If you right-click the block for the ol tag, and click Make Simple Item(s), this will get rid of those paragraph tags and make backspacing work the way you want it.