Script Error

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
beth1
Jr. Propeller Head

Script Error

Post by beth1 »

I am very new to this, so please bear with me. I am trying to use a script, however, keep getting error messages to open in text only because it is invalid. One of the errors is "Reference to undeclared entity 'nbsp'. Line 9, Position 6. This is valid code, so I'm not sure why I'm getting an error. Another one is "for (var i = 0, length = radiosNo.length; i < length; i++) {". Is there some reason Flare doesn't like <script> tags?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Script Error

Post by RamonS »

I think it has more to do wit what is in the script tags. Can you post the script here?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Script Error

Post by NorthEast »

beth1 wrote:One of the errors is "Reference to undeclared entity 'nbsp'. Line 9, Position 6. This is valid code, so I'm not sure why I'm getting an error.
The   entity isn't valid for Flare/XHTML - use   instead.
beth1 wrote:Another one is "for (var i = 0, length = radiosNo.length; i < length; i++) {". Is there some reason Flare doesn't like <script> tags?
What error do you get? The Flare editor won't report any errors in the script itself, only errors in the (X)HTML. You'll only be able to check script errors using the browser dev tools at runtime.

You can insert scripts in 2 ways: (1) in the XML editor, use Insert > Script and enter the javascript without <script> tags, or (2) in the text editor, insert the script with <script> tags.